Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hair Color

Y'all, I've been unnaturally blonde for the past, oh, 17 years or so. I know that there is a huge market out there for over-the-counter/do-it-yourself hair color and honestly, I just don't get it!

Maybe it's the blondes that I have trouble with, I don't know. I'm just going by experience and I don't really know about the darker hair colors. But what I do know is that having your hair professionally colored by someone isn't just about the color.

I see my colorist on average about once every five to six weeks. My hairstylist and I have been together for over 10 years now, and I can't imagine not going to him. For almost three hours, I get therapy, a healthy dose of "you're fabulous!" and my roots get touched up! It's a win-win!

It doesn't come cheap, but neither does therapy. ;-) And when you look at it that way, you are actually saving money!

But that's just me. I think my husband might disagree, BUT, he loves the color!

No comments: