Thursday, October 26, 2006

Boots and Capri Pants

shudder!
You know, I could almost get into the whole gaucho pants with tall boots movement. I mean there are certain types of women who can really carry that look well. Sadly, I am not one of those women. At least, I don't think I am one, therefore, I am not, because really, fashion and all that is about feeling good about what you are wearing and how you look in it. If I'm not happy about what I'm wearing (like today, for example), then I'm pretty much uncomfortable until I am able to change clothes.
So, like I said, SOME people can get away with gaucho pants and tall boots. The deal with making it work, in my not-at-all humble opinion, is that the pants MUST cover part of the boots. Knees should not be visible, people!
What I could not wrap my head around today was the sight of some girl wearing a short pair of capri pants that were, sadly, at least one size too small, and a pair of boots that hit below the knee. Knees and lower-knee area were clearly visible and not at all covered.
Do people like this really think they look good when they leave their houses in the morning?
Now, I have constantly bemoaned the fact that I often feel hopelessly out of date and that my clothes aren't "hip" enough. But does that mean that I should buy an outfit that doesn't fit my personality? Just because I see an outfit in a magazine does not mean that I should go all The Look For Less on the world and try to recreate it via my local discount store. Sometimes it DOES. NOT. WORK. This was one of those cases.

No comments: