Friday, June 15, 2007

Reading List

I have a stack of books that is about a foot tall sitting next to my bed...

I have really gotten into Peter Mayle. He wrote A Good Year, which was turned into a movie (look it up. :) ). I loved it so much that I read the first memoir he wrote, titled A Year in Provence. It is found in the travel section of any book store and chronicles the year that he and his wife decided to buy a 200 year old farm house in Provence and move there. It is fascinating and it will make you hungry. I can't wait to read his follow-up to that one and also the rest of his work.

Also sitting is the half-finished Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire, who also wrote Wicked, which I loved.

To be read:
The Other Bolyn Girl by Philipa Gregory

And... Well... I'd have to go back home to look at the rest of the books sitting there. I swear that there are at least 10 books.

What is on your summer reading list?

2 comments:

emily said...

I had a stack like that too. Now it's down to a handful. I've read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister and The Other Bolyn Girl..both good. Right now I'm reading a book for my book club. I think it's called The Fabulous Traveling Funeral of Annie G Freeman. Something like that. It's good so far.

Mrs Pop said...

I took some pictures of my "stack" to post on here. Dr Pop thought I was nuts.

The sad part is that I have all of these books on the list and I am reading Toujours Provence by Peter Mayle and just read Lean, Mean 13 by Janet Evonovich, both of which were net new purchases. ARGH!

I do want to finish Stepsister and read The Other Bolyn Girl, though. I just need to be in the mood.