Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Obagi, Day 57

I'll admit that I've been a little lax in my skincare over the past several weeks. I'm really, really good in the morning, scrubbing my face, applying my Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum around my eyes, and my Obagi Clear and Exfoderm prior to putting on my makeup. But at night, I've been really, really bad. I've actually averaged about two or three nights per week of the Obagi Blender and the Retin-A. For someone who is trying to resurface her skin, well, this is a bad thing.

As my 33rd birthday is fast-approaching, I've decided to be totally faithful to the regimen for an entire week without rest. I started on Sunday morning with an AM dose of Retin-A. My skin today is peeling big-time and looks like I am slightly sunburned. This is good, though. Once I get through this week, I'm scheduling a microdermabrasion and will take a "mid-point" photo to compare my pre-Obagi face with what it is now.

The surface lines around my eyes and mouth are continuing their disappearing act and I am really loving that. Once I can make it through a full 3 months of this, I plan to schedule a partial blue peel (enough to make a difference, but not enough to turn me blue) as a reward. I cannot wait to get to that point.

While the things I describe may sound a bit harsh, this is all just part of it. We put our poor faces through so much! If we want to begin cellular regeneration, this is the price we pay. And at this point in my life, I really don't care if I have to peel a bit. The only person I care about impressing is my husband and he gets to see the transformation first hand.

No comments: