Monday, November 06, 2006

A slave to mass marketing...

If a commercial tells me that I absolutely HAVE to have something to make my skin clearer, wrinkles less noticable, abs tighter, hair softer, cleaning simpler, well you get the picture, I really decide that I must buy it.


I typically don't buy it. But it's oh-so-hard to resist.


My parents own enough items of work out equipment to warrant their own home gym. Literally. My dad built a 16 x 20 standalone workout center out behind their house. With air-conditioning and cable. They can't resist a good infomercial!


Me? I am proud to say that I have only made one purchase from an infomercial and it's something that even if I don't ever use it again (don't worry Dr Pop! I'll use it again, I promise!) I'll have gotten my money's worth. But that's not to say that the lovely in-store displays don't draw me in like the Pied Piper.

No comments: