Thursday, February 07, 2008

Highwaters

Two posts in two minutes! Wow!

I have to get this off my chest... Unless you are wearing capri pants, the pant leg needs to break across the arch of your foot.

This means that if you are wearing pants that hit at the ankle, you need to go buy new pants!!! The exception, of course, are the horrors known as "ankle-length" pants. In this case, please only wear with flats. PLEASE!

To the woman who walked into my building in front of me today (in 37-degree weather, mind you): Your platform sandals are simply adorable! I covet them. I should not have seen much beyond the toe, though. Sadly, your pants ended a good inch above your ankle. This means that no matter how well they fit you in the waist, rear, hips, and thighs, THESE PANTS DO NOT FIT YOU PROPERLY!

Why is it so hard to get the leg length correct? When in doubt, go longer not shorter.

This public service announcement brought to you by Mrs. Pop.

2 comments:

emily said...

It IS really hard to find the correct fit it pant length. My legs are exactly right if I wear flats all the time with a regular length pant. If I get long length pants they don't fit right. Pants makers seem to think if my legs are real long, my torso must be too. And so I end up with pants that hang down and make me look like I've got man stuff happening. If that makes sense. It's awful. I wear a lot of flats. Heels with dresses, flats with pants.

Mrs Pop said...

I'm the same way. I'm constantly on the search for the right pair of jeans. Currently, I'm loving American Eagle Outfitters Boyfriend and Hipster Jeans in the long length because they do not give me the problem you mention about the crotch hanging down too low.

It's a struggle.

And if you wear pants that are already too short, you shouldn't emphasize that fact by then putting on a pair of platform wedge heels. It just doesn't look right.

And pants can definitely be too long, too.

It's so frustrating!