Thursday, March 15, 2007

Inflation?

The other day, I went out and bought myself a tube of Sally Hansen Lip Inflation lip gloss. I am a sucker for lip gloss and I'm always looking for an excuse to buy more. So I thought, dear readers, that I would be a guinea pig for you guys.
As lip gloss goes, this is nice. It's a bit tingly when it goes on, has decent staying power, and tastes okay.
The drawbacks? It's kind of goopy, which I don't love. I also didn't notice any difference in the size of my lips. No "inflation" at all. Also, my grocery stores and drug stores don't have much in the way of selection. They in fact only carry a blush color and clear. That is a drawback to me because I prefer pinks and reds for my glosses.
Overall rating? For doing what it says it will do: D
For being a decent lip gloss: B+

2 comments:

emily said...

The lip glossy/stick stuff that came with my Clinique free gift this week is great. It's called Black Honey. It looks really dark but when you put it on, it's not. In fact, it's been a different color every time I put it on. Have you tried it?

Mrs Pop said...

I know the product of which you speak, although I haven't tried it in years. That particular gloss, the Black Honey, has made many magazines' best of lists. I need to pick up some.

I am a fan of the Clinique "Almost Lipstick" as it has the perfect feel of a lightweight lipstick, but goes on glossy.