Friday, December 29, 2006

Revisiting Nail Polish

So folks, here, I told y'all about Sally Hanson's Diamond Strength "No Chip" nail color. I believe my exact words were: "New Favorite Nail Polish"

Right.

Let me begin by saying that while my toenails haven't been without nail polish on them in, like, YEARS, I can count about three times since my three year old son was born that I actually polished my fingernails.

Because this stuff was so great on my toes (and still is great there), I decided to give it a whirl on my fingernails (it was Christmas, after all, and I wanted to be festive).

Day 1: Fine. Looks good.
Day 2: One nail has chipped. It could be my application. No big deal.
Day 3: All but three nails have chipped.
Day 4: All nails have a chip or five.
Day 5: I'm going out and don't have time to re-do my nails, so I apply another coat on top of my nails. BIG mistake. Three coats of polish apparently turn it into some soft and waxy, never-quite-dry sludge. After three hours, it still wasn't hard. Or dry. So I took it off.

I don't want to give up completely on this stuff, so I will try it again on my fingernails. I still love it on my toes, too, so I'm sort of 50/50 on it right now. I'll let you know if I have a better experience the second time around.

3 comments:

emily said...

Whenever I get my nails done at a salon I always use OPI. I've started using it all the time since I found out they carry it at Trade Secret in our mall. It lasts and it's not too thick or thin. I love it.

Mrs Pop said...

I really love OPI nailcolor, too. It's what I used ot use exclusively. I also really like Essie, and I think it is available at Trade Secret as well.

The Sally Hansen was an impulse-buy, really, because it was too hard to resist the sparkly bottle. ;-) I do really like it for a pedicure. After days on my toes, it still hasn't chipped.

Mrs Pop said...

Not sure what happened there, but after 11 (eleven) days on my toes, it hasn't chipped.