Thursday, December 28, 2006

Obagi

A few years ago, I went through the entire Obagi regimen (www.obagi.com) for about four months. My love for all things Obagi culminated in a partial Blue Peel (I didn't turn blue because they didn't go all the way with it). Honestly, my skin never looked better than it did at that moment in time. I went without any kind of foundation for almost two weeks and there were no fine lines at my eyes or around my mouth. I just had this amazing, clear, perfect, smooth skin.

So what do I do? That's right. I start using something else right away. I found a system that combines the ONLY approved and proven anti-wrinkle, skin lightening products (Retin-A and hydroquinone), loved it, saw results, and decided to quit. Brilliant.

Some people HATE Retin-A with a passion. It's too harsh, it makes the skin peel, the face turn red, blah, blah, blah... Of course it does and it is harsh. We all would like there to be a miracle product out there that doesn't have TEMPORARY side effects, but, well, there isn't one. And Retin-A is about as miraculous as it gets. Yes. There is redness and peeling. But you get through it. And results are noticable.

Almost three years after the first time I tried Obagi, I'm going to do it again. I'm also going to post before and after pictures for the world (or just my three readers) to see. I started on the products Tuesday morning, but forgot to take a photo. Last night, I had a petite facial and a microdermabrasion (an in-office one, NOT an at-home one... DON'T get me started on my feelings about THOSE) to sort of prepare myself for the coming weeks... I then came home and had Dr Pop take the most unflattering and horrible photo of my make-up free face. I'm still debating on waiting to post the picture until I have an "after" shot. :)

No comments: