Monday, October 15, 2007

Lately, much like Victoria Beckham, I've hated "flat" shoes. I mean I've gone out of my way to not wear them. But I'm a realist and I recognize the need for them (maybe your pants shrunk and are too short, maybe you plan on being on your feet all day, no matter). Two weeks ago, I got out my trusty "go-to" flats, my Nine West ballet flats. Sadly, they had been worn so many times, they were at the end of their lives.

That also happened to be the day that my mom was in town and she, too, was distressed by the state of my shoes. She suggested we go to Nordstrom and take a look at these ballet flats she loved. Never one to pass up a trip there, we were on our way.

I found these. They are the cutest little snub-nosed, cap-toe ballet flats I've seen in a very long time! I adore them and want them in many colors. I ended up walking out of the store with them on my feet and I've worn them at least 8 times since I got them.

As a side note, the man who helped us told us that BCBG is actually making Jessica Simpson's shoes now. I'm not sure how true this is, but it seemed interesting. It's funny, though, as there are not very many shoemakers around the world and most shoes do originate out of one of four major factories.

No comments: